Cone and Plate Viscometer
- Dual Speed Operation
- Fully automated
- Precision Temperature Control
- Accurate wear resistant Cone & Plate
The PAINTLAB+ Cone & Plate Viscometer provides high accuracy viscosity measurement of non-newtonian paints and coatings.
This Viscometer is specifically designed to provide stringent testing conditions to allow the measurement of these materials as the viscosity changes according to the shear stress that is applied.
A precision wear resistant cone rotating at high speed on a temperature controlled plate produces standardised shear rates during measurement. Fully automated operation ensures rapid and accurate positioning of the cone onto the plate each time after the plate temperature has reached its preset value.
Results are displayed instantly on screen after test.. Real-time high resolution graphing provides monitoring of changes in viscosity during measurement allowing the identification of changes in flow behaviour.
- Real time high resolution graphing of test samples
- Results displayed on screen immediately after test
- High stability motor speed control for accuracy and repeatability of measurement
- Easy clean design- even in the harshest environment both screen and chassis are easy to clean
- Date / time stamped results output to printer
- Annual re-calibration can be performed by user
- Extended warranty
- ASTM D4287 Standard Test Method for High-Shear Viscosity Using a Cone/Plate Viscometer
- BS EN ISO 2884-1:2006, BS 3900-A7-1:2006 Paints and varnishes — Determination of viscosity using rotary viscometers — Part 1: Cone-and-plate viscometer operated at a high rate of shear
- Paints and Coatings
- Printing Ink
- Resolution: ±0.1°C
- Accuracy: +/-0.2°C
- Repeatability ±0.2%
- Range: 0 – 100P in 5 ranges: 0 – 5P, 0 – 10P, 0 – 20P, 5 – 50P, 10 – 100P
- Dual Speed: 2750rpm – 10,000 s¯¹, 900rpm – 12,000 s¯¹
- Operating temperature: 5°C to 70°C
- Power: 110/230V
- Weight: 7.25kg
- Size: (H) 460 x (W) 320 x (D) 190 mm
- Packed weight: 10kg
- Commodity Code: 9027 8017